Turmeric is a yellow spice most often associated with Indian food, curry and yellow mustard. It is a very powerful anti-inflammatory that can safely quash pain and swelling. It contains a powerful, non-toxic compound called curcumin. Studies found that turmeric’s anti-inflammatory effects are on a par with potent drugs such as hydrocortisone and Motrin, yet none of their side effects.
The fat from the nut milk gives you a huge boost of energy to fuel your brain and body. Having fat in the morning tells your body it’s safe, there’s fuel, you can relax but without the sugar spike.
Turmeric is fat-soluble and absorbs into the body better with fats. It has a lot of health benefits – including decreasing inflammation, easing joint discomfort, soothing indigestion and heartburn, boosting immunity, protecting the heart and brain, and lowering cholesterol levels. Black pepper increases the bioavailability (rate of absorption) of turmeric.Print
Anti-Inflammation Turmeric Latte
As delightful beverage full of anti-inflammatory turmeric. A great way to start your day.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Beverage, Paleo, Vegan
- Cuisine: Healthy
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk (a combination is great)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried turmeric
- dash of black pepper (to increase absorption)
- 1 scoop collagen (optional for additional protein)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (increases absorption) or Brain Octane
- 10 drops liquid stevia or 2 teaspoons raw honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a stainless steel pot and whisk to combine.
- Warm on a low-medium heat until heated to your desired level of hotness.
- Remove from heat and pour into a blender to get a latte consistency. Alternately use an electric milk frother.
- Taste to adjust sweetness.
- Pour into 2 mugs, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Enjoy your golden turmeric latte.