I wanted to make a dessert which was delicious and healthy. I don’t like to eat too many nuts so I created this vegan tart with pumpkin, raw cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil. The only nuts are in the crust. The filling is nice and creamy. It is almost a raw dessert. The only thing cooked is the pumpkin. I made 2 and brought 1 to a party. Everyone loved it. I didn’t tell them it was a healthy dessert until it was all gone…he he.
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Tart
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo 8 servings PRINT RECIPE
2 cups walnuts 1 cup pitted dates Pinch sea salt 4 Tb raw cacao powder
- Process the nuts, in a food processor, until they are very fine.
- Add in the dates and cacao powder. Process until it is sticky.
- Press into a tart pan. I used a 9” pan.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
2 cup pumpkin (I like Farmers Market organic, it is BPA free)
4 Tb raw cacao powder
½ cup gently melted coconut oil
½ cup organic maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp cinnamon
70% dark chocolate, for decoration (optional, you could also dust it with the cacao powder)
- Process all ingredients, except the dark chocolate, in a food processor.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- To decorate, grate some dark chocolate on top using the small holes side of the grater or dust with cacao powder put through a very small strainer.