This creamy rich Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Tart tastes so good you won’t believe its gluten free, dairy free, paleo and doesn’t even need to be baked. Your whole family will love it.
I wanted to make a dessert which was delicious and healthy. I don’t like to eat too many nuts so I created this vegan tart with pumpkin, raw cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil. The only nuts are in the crust. The filling is nice and creamy. It’s an almost raw dessert. The only thing cooked is the pumpkin. I made 2 and brought 1 to a party. Everyone loved it. I didn’t tell them it was a healthy dessert until it was all gone…hee hee.
Photos updated November 2017. This is the old photo. I’ve learned so much since I first began.
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Tart
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- Category: Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo
- Cuisine: American, Healthy
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped (5-6 Medjool dates)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Process the nuts, in a food processor, until they are very fine.
- Add the dates, cacao powder and salt
- Process until it is sticky.
- Press into an 8-inch tart pan.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- To decorate, dust with cacao powder put through a very fine strainer
- Serving Size: 6
- This post is shared with Whole New Mom, Allergy Free Wednesday, Gluten Free Mom, Gluten Free Wednesday, Healing With Food Fridays