Spring the perfect time to eat this Crunch Asparagus Salad. The simple Asian Dressing is tossed with lightly steamed asparagus, arugula and pea sprouts. It makes your body feel so good!Every year I look forward to asparagus arriving in the market. It starts in the supermarkets and then the farmers market. As far as I am concerned there is no greater treat in the spring than local asparagus.
Asparagus has been used as a medicinal vegetable for 2500 years. It’s packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help your heart, digestion, bones and cells.
I included pea sprouts but if you can’t get them it is good without. Pea sprouts contain many of the nutrients that can help reduce inflammation as well as great antioxidant support.
Asparagus and sprouts are both highly alkaline. They are non-starchy vegetables so eat as much as you want.
Crunchy Asparagus Salad
Paleo, Vegan, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free PRINT RECIPE
1 Tb wheat-free tamari or soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
1 lb thin asparagus trimmed
1 cup sweet pea sprouts (optional)
2 cups arugula or baby lettuce
Toasted sesame seeds
Pinch of togarashi or cayenne
- In a medium bowl big enough to hold the asparagus, whisk together the tamari, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Fill a medium bowl with water and ice.
- Steam the asparagus for 2-4 minutes until crisp-tender
- Transfer to the ice bath to cool
- Drain and pat dry with a kitchen towel
- Cut the asparagus into 2” lengths
- Add the asparagus to the soy dressing.
- Toss to coat.
- Add the pea sprouts and arugula, toss again.
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and togarashi (optional)
Would you like to have more delicious recipes that support good digestion, balanced hormones and stable blood sugar sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter with recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.