A delicious easy to make chia pudding that helps cleanse your liver.
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small raw beet, roughly chopped, about ½ cup (peel if not organic and if you
- don’t have a high speed blender)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 drops liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon maple syrup (to taste)
- Optional toppings: berries, nuts/seeds, coconut flakes, hemp seeds
- Measure the almond milk. I use a 4 cup measuring cup so I don’t have any extra dishes to clean up.
- In a blender on high speed, blend the almond milk, chopped beet and strawberries with the vanilla and maple syrup until the beet is completely pulverized.
- Pour the liquid mixture back into the measuring cup and add chia. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes.
- Put into the refrigerator and let sit for at least 2 hours. I like to let it sit overnight to eat for breakfast.
- The chia will thicken the liquid creating a perfect pudding texture.
- Enjoy topped with desired toppings such as strawberries, coconut, or hemp seeds
- The pudding will keep 3-4 days in the refrigerator
It only takes 10 minutes to prepare but needs to sit for 2 hours to thicken.
If you like the pudding a little thinner stir in additional almond milk.
- Category: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Vegan, Raw