This is a perfect cake for anyone concerned about their blood sugar. Since there’s no flour, not even gluten free, there is hardly any blood sugar impact at all. It is light and full of protein from eggs. This is a healthy dessert that will help reduce cravings. It makes a perfect breakfast too.
The Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut is VERY different than just coconut cream or milk, as this contains the fiber from coconuts too, which is key to making this recipe come out properly. You can find it in many natural food stores or online.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Paleo, Nut Free PRINT RECIPE
5 pasture-raised eggs
1 pack Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut
¼ cup organic unrefined virgin coconut oil, melted
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp. Sea Salt
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup blueberries
- Soften creamed coconut by placing packet in a bowl of warm water.
- Preheat oven to 300 F and lightly grease a 9″ round cake pan or pie pan.
- Squeeze out the coconut cream into a blender.
- Add eggs, melted coconut oil, , sea salt, baking soda and vanilla. Blend until very smooth but don’t let it get hot.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Top with blueberries, arranged evenly.
- Bake in the middle of the oven 40-45 minutes until lightly golden brown and firm.