Soft, gooey, morsels of chocolate chips and almond buttery dough baked into a rich dense cookie made with nutritious ingredients. REVISION entered in December 2017
- 1 cup (100 grams) blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 6 tablespoons (84 grams) grass fed, unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) coconut sugar, heavily packed
- 6 tablespoons (98 grams) creamy unsweetened pure almond butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg, room temperature
- 1 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, (I like paleo-friendly chocolate chips)
- Measure the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl. Stir and sift through a strainer or sifter to remove lumps. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar at medium speed until well-combined and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the almond butter and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined.
- Beat in the egg on low and turn up to medium. Beat until well incorporated and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 16 (40-gram) balls. Place 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand.
- REVISION: For a thicker cookie…Scoop out 16 large spoonfuls (40 grams) with a tablespoon and place on the prepared baking sheet. Don’t roll into balls and don’t press down.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the surface of the center of the cookies no longer appears wet. They’ll be very soft but will firm up as they sit on the cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them to a plate.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
To make 8 large cookies, roll the dough into 8 (80-gram) balls. Place 4″ apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press the cookies down lightly with the palm of your hand bake 11-14 minutes. Sometimes bigger is better.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Paleo, Healthy, Vegetarian,