- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups packed baby kale (regular kale, stems removed) coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup hemp seeds or cashews
- ½ cup pine nuts or cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups zucchini, spiralized or julienned (2–3 zucchini)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup oil cured black olives, pitted and sliced
- Vegan parmesan, for topping (optional)
- Celtic sea salt & fresh pepper
Prepare Kale Pesto
- In a food processor, add the peeled garlic cloves and process until the garlic is minced.
- Add the kale, hemp seeds, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process until everything is just chopped up.
- Add nutritional yeast, process to combine.
- Turn on the food processor and drizzle in the oil.
- Process until the pesto reaches your desired consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Taste and add more lemon, salt or pepper if necessary.
Prepare the Noodles
- Use a spiralizer to get a curly “noodle” or a julienne tool which will give you a straight “noodle”. Put into a medium bowl.
- Combine the zucchini with the pesto sauce. Mix to coat all the “noodles”.
- Add the tomatoes and olives. Mix thoroughly. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Put onto individual serving plates.
- Top with vegan parmesan and garnished with a basil sprig. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is per serving using 1/2 the pesto to make 2 portions of noodles.
Store leftover kale pesto in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole30