This is a really easy dish that’s incredibly delicious with lots of garlic and fresh basil and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
- Spiralize your zucchini into noodles.
- Make 2 or 3 cuts so the noodles are not super long.
- Heat a 12” sauté pan on medium.
- Add olive oil. Once warm add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using). Sauté 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Add zucchini noodles and sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil leaves and salt.
- Top with toasted pine nuts, if using
- Serve alone or sprinkled with parmesan or vegan parmesan
Do not season with salt until the end of cooking to prevent a mushy texture.
If your zucchini are medium to large I recommend “sweating” the spiralized zucchini before adding them to the pan. To “sweat” the zucchini noodles, place them in a colander, then place the colander in the sink or over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss. Allow them to sit for about 20 minutes – the longer it sits, the more water is drawn out. After the 20 minutes or longer, squeeze all the water out with a kitchen towel.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Vegetable Side Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Keywords: Italian Inspired, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free, 15 minutes or less