Decadently fudgy brownies that are paleo, gluten-free, diary-free and easy to make.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, expeller pressed refined, 56 grams
- ½ cup creamy unsweetened almond butter, 120 grams
- 1 cup blanched almond flour, 112 grams
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder, 33 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup, 145 grams
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 large pastured, organic eggs
- ½ cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels, 112 grams
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, 90 grams
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a small pan. Turn off the heat and add the almond butter. Mix until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil/almond butter mixture into a large bowl.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and eggs. Mix with a fork. Do not over mix or you will add too much air into the brownies and they will sink when baking.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well with fork and spatula until evenly combined, Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until sides begin to pull away from the pan and a tester comes out almost dry.
- Cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
Baking is easier and more accurate when measuring the weight. I recommend getting a kitchen scale.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature.
These brownies freeze well. Store in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. Heat in a toaster oven for warm melt-in-your mouth brownies.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free, Diary Free, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free
Keywords: Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Brownies