- 1 ¼ cups almond flour (140 grams)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (28 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips for topping*
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gently melt the coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs using an electric mixer or hand whisk until light and fluffy.
- Pour the maple syrup slowly in a stream.
- Add pumpkin, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour in the flour-spice mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon into 10 muffin cups and sprinkle the top with nuts or chips
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from the liners.
1/4-1/2 cup of nuts or chocolate chips can be mixed into the batter before spooning into the muffin cups if desired.
- Category: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian (contains eggs)
- Cuisine: Seasonal