This recipe is a perfect super food breakfast that tastes like a delicious creamy pudding. It’s super EASY to make and loaded with protein and antioxidants.
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp milk (recipe below) or almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup *
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Optional Toppings: blueberries, coconut, almonds, walnuts
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 cup filtered water
- In the blender, combine 1/2 cup blueberries, hemp milk, vanilla and maple syrup and process until you get a smooth mixture about 30 seconds.
- Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds on top and mix using a fork or whisk.
- Let sit 5 minutes, mix again every 5 minutes for 15 minutes and let sit at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Serve topped with blueberries and your favorite toppings.
- Add a splash of hemp milk if you want it a little thinner.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 4-5 days, though best when fresh.
- Put hemp seeds and water into a blender and blend for 3 minutes in a high speed blender, 5 minutes in a regular blender.
- Pour into a jar and chill. Some of the seeds may sink to the bottom, you can use those in a smoothie.
Prep time reflects chilling for the least amount of time, 30 minutes.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with 1/2 cup of blueberries for topping and without any optional toppings.
For Keto use a few drops of stevia instead of maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Nut-Free, Glulten-Free, Naturally Sweetened
Keywords: blueberry chia pudding