This blueberry smoothie is a simple, healthy & nutrient-dense recipe that is perfectly balanced to keep your metabolism humming and blood sugar stable.
- 1½ cups water or unsweetened almond milk (makes it creamier)
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- 1 green (unripe) banana
- 1/2 small beet, peel if not organic
- 2 large handfuls kale (de-stemmed), spinach or romaine
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- ¼ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 full servings of hemp, collagen, whey or vegan protein powder (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add more water if you want it thinner.
- Enjoy fresh or refrigerate leftovers for 3 days.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with water, kale and collagen protein powder.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Smoothie
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free