This amazing Ginger-Turmeric Carrot Soup is anti-inflammatory and great for calming your body, mind and spirit!
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2” piece ginger, chopped or grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash (or more carrots)
- 4 cups vegetable broth or bone broth
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- Lemon juice to taste
- Fennel fronds for garnish, optional
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot on medium. Add onions and sauté 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Sauté 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add turmeric, salt, and pepper, sauté for another minute.
- Add the fennel, carrots, and squash. Stir to coat with the turmeric.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Once the soup is cooked, add it to a blender and blend until creamy. You could also use an immersion blender. Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
- Garnish with fennel fronds.
Nutrition information is with chicken bone broth.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30
Keywords: anti-inflammatory soup, carrot ginger turmeric, carrot ginger soup