Coconut Lime Chicken is a bright fresh chicken recipe in a light coconut sauce bursting with lime flavor and cilantro.
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced*
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled* and grated on a microplane or finely minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or gluten free tamari
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- If your chicken breasts are whole, cut each breast in half horizontally to make 2 thin sliced breasts. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Prep shallots, garlic, ginger, juice limes, chop cilantro and set everything aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken to the pan (you may have to cook the chicken in 2 batches depending on the size of your pan. Cook, without disturbing for 3-4 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Turnover and cook another 3-4 minutes until the chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the pan. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add ginger and stir.
- Add lime juice, coconut milk, and fish sauce to the pan. Stir to mix, scraping up any browned bits remaining in the pan from when you cooked your chicken.
- Simmer 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet with the sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, quinoa or potatoes. Spoon sauce over everything for serving.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and garnish with lime slices (optional).
I find ¼ pound chicken breast to be enough per person but if you want more, cook 1 ¼ – 1 ½ pounds of chicken breasts.. There will be enough sauce.
The easiest way to peel ginger is by scraping the skin off with the edge of a spoon.
Nutrition information is with 1 pound of chicken.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Paleo, Keto, Dairy free, Gluten-Free, Whole30
Keywords: coconut lime chicken