- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours before making the whipped cream
- Chill a metal bowl and whisk or beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Take the coconut milk out of the refrigerator and remove the lid. Be sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
- Gently scoop out the coconut cream, placing it in the chilled bowl.
- Save the remaining liquid in the refrigerator for a smoothie.
- Using an electric hand mixer or whisk, whip the coconut cream until light and fluffy.
- Whip in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Use right away or store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Bring it back to room temperature when using again
Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan