- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, softened, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, simple, full fat, mix before using
- 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 ½ cups zucchini cut into cubes
- 2 cups baby spinach or baby kale roughly chopped
- Put sun dried tomatoes into a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. You can also put them in a bowl of cold water in the morning so they’ll be ready in time for dinner.
- Season the chicken with sea salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. In a large skillet add the coconut oil and cook the chicken thighs on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until browned and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add onions to the same pan and cook over medium heat until soft, then stir in the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add zucchini and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the arrowroot, add the broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the mustard, yeast, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until it starts to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
- Allow mixture to simmer until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are softened 1- 2 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or roasted potatoes.
- Category: Main Dish, Chicken
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole30
Keywords: Italian Chicken, Paleo chicken,