This is a fast and easy one pan fish dish with delicious garden-fresh summer tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- 1 1/2 pounds of flounder, fluke, cod, or other mild white fish fillets
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, coarsely chopped or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes sliced into rounds (8 slices)
- 1 lemon cut into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (kalamata), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves torn or coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Dry the fish with paper towels and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet or casserole dish with olive oil.
- Lay fish in the dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Layer the tomato slices and lemon slices alternately over top of fish.
- Sprinkle olives around dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until fish easily flakes. The amount of time will depend on the cooking time.
- Serve topped with fresh basil.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Serve cold or reheat on the stove.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto, Whole30
Keywords: one pan fish, fish with tomatoes