An easy asparagus recipe sautéd quickly with garlic and ginger allowing the fresh sweet asparagus flavor to shine through. It’s a delicious vegetable dish you can make in 10 minutes.
- 1 pound pencil-thin asparagus
- 2 Tablespoon avocado oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Optional toppings: Toasted sesame seeds, handful of basil, mint or cilantro leaves
- Cut or snap off the tough bottoms of each asparagus spear. Cut the asparagus into thirds, so you have 2-2 ½ inch lengths.
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, heat the oil until nearly smoking. Add the asparagus, season generously with salt and pepper and stir well, making sure the asparagus is coated and glistening with oil.
- Continue to saute over high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly, until the asparagus are just barely cooked.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute while stirring for 30 seconds-1 minutes more, until the asparagus are bright green.
- Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with toppings if desired.
- Leftovers keep for 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Vegetable, Side Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: sauteed asparagus, stir fried asparagus, easy asparagus recipe