This Thai Style Butternut Squash Soup has a rich, creamy texture and incredibly satisfying taste. Since there are only 6 ingredients it’s easy to make.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1-3 pound butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 2” chunks (about
- 3 cups water or stock
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 Thai chili optional
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white part only, cut into 1 1/2″ pieces or 3–one inch strips of lemon peel
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Lime juice
- Coconut milk
- In large pot melt ghee or oil.
- Add onion and ginger sauté on medium-low until onion is soft about 5 minutes. Don’t let it get brown.
- Add curry paste and cook stirring 2 minutes.
- Add squash, lemon grass or lemon peel (Count how many pieces you put in to make sure you get them all out).
- Add water or stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Remove the lemon grass or lemon peel .
- Blend the soup in a blender. Add salt to taste
- Serve garnished with pomegranate seeds or lime juice or a swirl of coconut milk.
Nutrition information is with water.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Thai, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Keywords: thai style butternut squash soup