A super healthy and light, gluten free, paleo dessert bursting with flavor.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, grass fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- 3/4 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix coconut flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix well with a hand mixer
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey and vanilla
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat with the hand mixer until well combined and thick.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions and place them about 2″ apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the tops very gently with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool completely
- Slice in half horizontally so you have 2 rounds,
- Put a scoop of marinated strawberries (or plain sliced strawberries) on the bottom half with some of the juices.
- Add dollop of coconut whipped cream. Put the top of the cake back on.
- Add another bit of coconut whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries.
- Serve immediately
- Slice 1/2 pound of the strawberries and put into bowl.
- Add honey and lemon juice, stir.
- Allow to sit and marinate while cake is baking and cooling to release the juices.
- Category: Healthy, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free
- Cuisine: Farm to Table, American