In this simple salad, the sweet figs and bitter arugula create a delicious balance. The juice ripe seasonal tomatoes make it divine.
Easy Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces arugula
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 4–6 fresh figs stems removed, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons sprouted organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce raw blue cheese or goat cheese (optional)
- Make the balsamic dressing: In a small bowl, mix the vinegar and salt. Whisk in the oil
- Toss half the dressing with the arugula.
- Put on 2 plates.
- Spread tomato and figs over the arugula
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, thyme and cheese (if using),
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing and finish with fresh pepper.
Nutrition information is with 6 figs and no cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30
Keywords: arugula salad, fig arugula salad, fresh fig salad, arugula and fig salad