A richly seasoned vegetable dish with crunchy cashews and coconut.
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, julienned or minced
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped (salted or unsalted], to taste
- Place a large dry skillet over medium heat. Add coconut and toast, shaking pan occasionally, until golden about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oil in the same skillet on medium-high until hot. Add garlic, ginger and mustard seeds. Cook until mustard seeds begin to pop about 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric, red pepper and bay leaf. Cook another 30 seconds while stirring.
- Add green beans and salt. Toss to coat well with spices and oil.
- Add 1/3 cup water, cover partially and reduce heat.
- Cook until beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Add in the cashews and coconut and toss.
- Category: Vegetables
- Cuisine: Asian, Healthy, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free