These candies taste rich & decadent but are made with all wholesome ingredients. The basic recipe has only 5 ingredients and is gluten free, paleo & vegan. Choose the fillings you like.
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao butter (84 grams)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (14 grams)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons crystalized ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped (roasted salted almonds or raw almonds, your choice)
- Chop your fillings and set aside.
- Set 20 mini paper baking cups on a flat plate or tray
- Weigh or measure the cacao butter. It is more accurate if you weigh it. If you measure it, chop it into fine pieces first.
- Melt cocoa butter over low heat, in a double boiler or bowl on top of a small pan with an inch of water (make sure water isn’t touching the bowl).
- When cacao butter is melted, stir in the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted.
- Add cacao powder and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated and smooth. Make sure that no water gets into the chocolate as it can cause the texture to get mealy!
- Turn off the heat. Pour a little less than half the chocolate into a measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring. Leave the rest of the chocolate on top of the double boiler to keep warm.
- Fill each mini baking cups with a thin layer of chocolate. Return any leftover chocolate back into the double boiler bowl so it stays liquidy
- Let mini cups cool for 5 minutes in the refrigerator, until chocolate is just set.
- Once the chocolate is set, fill each cup with the fillings.
- Pour all the warm chocolate into the measuring cup. Fill each mini up with just enough chocolate to cover the filling.
- Put in refrigerator for 1 hour or until chocolate becomes solid.
- Peel off the paper cups and enjoy.
- Serve at room temperature for best texture.
- Store for 5 days at room temperature or up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
Other fillings: hemp seeds, walnuts, dates, raisins, the options are endless.
If you want the chocolate candies to be sweeter add more maple syrup.
If you want less of a dark chocolate taste cut back on the cacao.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Naturally Sweetened
- Serving Size: 1 chocolate
Keywords: homemade chocolate candy, paleo chocolate candy