This is a high protein seed bread made with almond flour, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and eggs. The texture is soft yet hearty. Its low carb, dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, ground
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (145 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, coarsely chopped, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped
- 5–6 large pastured eggs*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Grind chia seeds in a spice grinder.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside. See instructions above for lining your pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond flour,* ground chia seeds, salt, baking soda until evenly combined and there are no lumps.
- Add spices, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, oil, and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with additional pumpkin and hemp seeds.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake for additional 25-30 minutes or until golden and fork inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Slice and serve topped with avocado, butter, almond butter, or jam.
- Wrap in plastic wrap. Keeps well in fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
You’ll get the best results by weighing the almond flour using a kitchen scale.
I have made it with 5 eggs and 6 eggs. It’s a little dryer and more dense with 5 eggs, a little softer with 6 eggs. I like 6 eggs because it provides more protein. The nutrition information is with 6 eggs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: paleo breakfast bread, high protein bread