Cassava flour tortillas are super easy to make, have only 4 ingredients, and taste as good as a flour tortilla! Use them to wrap up your favorite fillings.
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup warm water
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and garlic powder if using.
- Add olive oil and use your hands to rub the olive oil into the flour, until it’s evenly coated.
- Add just enough water to form a nice dough, not too dry, not too sticky. Knead until smooth and well combined.
- Divide into 4 even pieces and roll into 4 balls.
- Cover the balls with a kitchen towel while you work so they don’t dry out.
- Flatten each ball and even out the edges. Roll between two pieces of parchment paper until about 6 inches in diameter. They will be thin.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium. Once it’s hot place one tortilla at a time in the pan. Let cook 2 minutes until air bubbles form and then flip.
- Cook one minute more until lightly brown.
- Place on a plate and stack each one as you cook it. Cover with a towel to keep warm.
- Serve immediately