A creamy magical dessert with the healing power of gelatin.
- 2 teaspoons grass fed gelatin
- 2 cups almond milk divided (recipe for homemade)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- coconut oil for greasing the ramekins
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Pour 1 cup almond milk into a medium saucepan and sprinkle evenly with the gelatin. Let the milk sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the gelatin to soften.
- Heat the milk and gelatin over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved and milk begins to steam, but not boil.
- Blend 1 cup of the raspberries with the remaining 1 cup of almond milk and honey.
- Pour through a strainer to remove seeds.
- Stir into the warm milk and whisk until all the ingredients are dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla
- Lightly grease 4 individual ramekins or cups.
- Pour the mixture into these and cover tightly with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic does not touch the almond milk’s surface.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 4 -5 hours until cold and set.
- Make the Raspberry Coulis.
- When the coconut panna cotta is firm and you are ready to serve it, dip the cup or ramekin in hot water before turning out onto 4 serving plates.
- Drizzle a few teaspoons of raspberry coulis on top and around the plate. Top with a few fresh raspberries and serve with extra raspberry coulis on the side.
- Alternately pour the panna cotta into serving cups to chill. When ready instead of unmolding it, leave it in the cups and top with raspberry coulis.
- Reserve 8 raspberries and place the remaining berries and honey in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer, to catch the seeds. Use the back of a spoon to press as much of the puree through as possible.
- Set the raspberry coulis aside.
Even though it only takes 20 minutes to prepare, it needs 4-5 hours to chill.
Replace almond milk with coconut milk if you prefer.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Healthy