- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, (1 ½ cups), white and green parts divided
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 dried Thai chili seeded and thinly sliced (use jalapeno pepper if you don’t like hot-spicy)
- Celtic sea salt
- 12 ounces kelp noodles
- 2 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons Asian fish sauce, more to taste, use coconut aminos if vegan
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, more to taste
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 5 ounces spinach or tatsoi torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced radishes, scallions, torn basil, mint, or cilantro leaves; sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds. Cook 20 seconds until lightly brown. Add ground coriander and curry powder. Simmer 10 seconds.
- Stir in mushrooms, half the scallions (the white part), garlic, shallots, Thai chile and a large pinch of salt. Sauté until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Prepare the noodles: Boil a pot of water, turn off. Add noodles, stir to separate, drain and rinse in cold water. Spread out on a kitchen towel to dry. Cut into 4-5 inch sections. Set aside.
- Stir red curry paste mushrooms and cook until fragrant and darkened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir coconut milk into skillet along with 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Mix to combine evenly.
- Add red pepper and broccoli. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
- Fold in noodles, tossing until coated with sauce and heated through.
- Add additional fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- Top with remaining scallions and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with lime wedges and any optional garnishes.
Add cooked chicken, shrimp or squid for additional protein.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Thai, Healthy