- 2 cups almond flour (224 grams)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (64 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (56 grams)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Sift together the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix it together with maple syrup and vanilla if using.
- Pour into the flour mixture, mix with a fork and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours*.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Form 19 slightly flattened balls with the dough, (about 22 grams each).
- Place dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and make an imprint in the center of each cookie with your thumb or something round like the base of a whisk or other kitchen tool.
- Fill half of them with 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Leave the rest empty.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just lightly golden brown around the edges.
- While cookies are baking make the chocolate mixture.
- In a small pan, melt dark chocolate chips with coconut oil.
- Remove from the oven and while the unfilled cookies are still warm press down lightly on the thumb imprints again, to make sure there’s room for the chocolate in case they puffed or spread in the oven at all.
- Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into each of the unfilled cookie indents.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, sprinkle the chocolate ones with coarse sea salt.
*If you leave the dough in the refrigerator for more than 2 hours let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes to soften up a bit before you try and roll the little balls.
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Seasonal
- Cuisine: Healthy Dessert