An easy delicious way to enjoy zucchini. Great for breakfast, lunch or a light dinner.
- 10 cups zucchini, grated (about 4 medium zucchini)
- 2 teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic, (2 cloves)
- 3 pastured eggs, beaten
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour or coconut flour
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut oil, ghee or grass-fed cultured butter for cooking
- Grate the zucchini using a box grater or shredding blade of a food processor.
- Put the grated zucchini into strainer or colander. Toss with the salt and let sit 10 minutes.
- In the meantime chop the garlic and basil.
- Beat the eggs in a medium size bowl and add the garlic and basil.
- Now you want to remove as much water as possible. Put the grated zucchini into a clean kitchen towel, wrap it up and squeeze to get out the water. You want it to be dry.
- Add the zucchini to the egg mixture. Add the coconut flour, tapioca flour and pepper. Mix thoroughly and break up the clumps of zucchini to combine evenly.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Fill a ¼ cup measuring cup with the zucchini mixture. Press down, then turn the cup out onto the pan and flatten to get a patty. I get 5 – 6 in my pan.
- Cook each side for 3 minutes until medium brown. Remove from the pan and set on a cooling rack so they don’t get soggy.
- Add another tablespoon of coconut oil or butter. Repeat until you have used up all the zucchini batter.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch Dinner
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Farm to Table, Seasonal