This is an unfussy foolproof dessert with lots of delicious fruit to finish off the summer season. It’s paleo and gluten free with a vegan option.
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (about 1 pound)
- 10 tablespoons grass fed butter, ghee or coconut oil (142 grams ) melted and cooled slightly
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour (168 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour (14 grams)
- ½ cup arrowroot flour (64 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup maple sugar or coconut sugar (48 grams)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (48 grams)
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Blanch peaches and set aside to cool before peeling. (see notes above)
- Grease a 9“ spring form pan or a line 9” cake pan (as in photo) with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter on low heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crust: In a medium bowl mix the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup coconut sugar until evenly combined and there are no lumps.
- Add the melted butter or oil, and combine until no dry spots remain.
- Press 2/3 of the almond crust evenly onto the bottom and about ½ inch up the sides.
- Prepare the filling: Peel and slice the peaches.*
- Toss the sliced peaches,1/4 cup coconut sugar lemon juice and arrowroot together in a medium bowl.
- Immediately pour the fruit into the crust and spread evenly.
- Crumble the remaining shortbread mixture over the peaches.
- Bake the tart until the peach filling is bubbly and thickened and the bottom and top crust are nicely browned, 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool completely about 30 minutes. Run a knife around the sides of the spring form pan and remove or use the sides of the parchment paper to lift the tart out of the cake pan .
- Slice into wedges and enjoy with all your senses.
Don’t peel and slice the peaches until the crust is made, sitting makes them too watery.
Nutrition information is with grass fed butter.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Farm to Table, Seasonal, Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegan Option
Keywords: peaches, peach tart, peach shortbread tart, peach dessert, paleo dessert, vegan dessert