An easy to make quinoa salad with the flavors of the Middle East.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup organic English cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and cut int medium chunks
- 1 cup cherry or plum tomatoes, halved through the stem
- Fresh pepper
- Pour 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until the grains are tender and open (they’ll have little curly tails).
- Drain, place in a bowl, and immediately add the lemon juice, olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let cool *
- While the quinoa is cooling, place the parsley and mint into a food processor and pulse to finely chop. Place into a large bowl.
- Add carrot chunks to the food processor and pulse until you get small pieces a little bit bigger than the quinoa. Add to the large bowl.
- Add the scallions, cucumber, tomatoes and fresh pepper.
- Add the quinoa and mix well. Taste, add additional salt and lemon to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Tip for cooling quinoa…fast! If you’re short on time spread the quinoa in a single layer on a baking sheet and pop it in the freezer for a few minutes. This allows it to cool quickly before adding the vegetables.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Simmer, Chopping, Processing
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
Keywords: Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad, Quinoa Tabbouleh, Quinoa Salad