In this simple recipe, fresh salmon is roasted in the oven with a tangy, lemon, dill, turmeric sauce that is so good it will become one of your favorite weeknight meals.
- 1 pound, center-cut salmon fillet, skin off
- Celtic sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the center position. Choose a baking sheet or baking dish that fits the salmon snugly (so the juices don’t disperse and burn) and line it with parchment paper. If you only have a big pan, make a small tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil just large enough to hold the salmon and put it on the larger baking sheet.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over the salmon. If you have time, flip the salmon and let marinate directly on the baking sheet, flesh-side down, for 15 minutes, (marinating is optional but not necessary)
- Roast the salmon skin-side down until cooked through to your liking, 9 to 12 minutes. Serve with extra lime and drizzle the pan juices over the salmon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: salmon fillet, dinner, easy recipe, main course, healthy recipe