Easy, flavorful, satisfying, Mediterranean vegetable dish ready in just 30 minutes! Vegetable-rich, with olives, garlic and basil.
- 3 small patty pan squash or 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow or red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup olives, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 5–6 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Cut patty pan squash into wedges or slice zucchini into rounds on the diagonal.
- Remove seeds from the peppers and cut into julienne strips
- Heat olive oil on medium low in a large sauté pan
- Add squash and peppers
- Sauté on medium low until lightly brown and almost tender, turning frequently, 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add tomatoes and olives.
- Sauté 2 minutes until the tomatoes begin to soften
- Add spinach, stir until the spinach is wilted, 30 seconds
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir in the fresh basil.
- Category: Vegetable
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Vegan, Paleo,