A quick and easy saute to serve as a side dish. The sweet spinach contrasts nicely with the bitter radicchio.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 11 ounce container of washed baby spinach
- 1 small head radicchio, cut into thin wedges*
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium low. Add olive oil.
- Add garlic and radicchio.
- Sauté 2 minutes until the radicchio begins to wilt.
- Add the spinach in batches, turning with tongs. Turn the heat up a little and continue to add the rest of the spinach and salt.
- Keep turning with tongs until all the spinach is just wilted. Don’t overcook it.
- Sprinkle with fresh pepper and add more salt if desired.
You can use the same recipe to make sauteed spinach just leave out the radicchio.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Vegetable
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan