These Spinach Fritters are easy to make, taste delicious and only have a 8 ingredients. They are gluten free, keto and there is a paleo and dairy free option.
- 11 ounces baby spinach (about 10 cups packed)
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 large fresh, pastured eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, (a little more if using nutritional yeast)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for strictly paleo and dairy free use 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, or vegan parmesan
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee for frying
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a large pot or sauté pan. Add spinach in batches if necessary turning with tongs to wilt the spinach, about 3 minutes.
- Once it is all wilted place into a colander and drain well. Let it cool.
- Chop the onion, parsley and garlic while the spinach is cooling.
- Place the spinach inside a clean kitchen towel and let cool. Squeeze to get rid of as much water as possible.
- Coarsely chop the spinach.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, parsley and garlic. Mix.
- Add spinach. Mix to combine evenly.
- Add the parmesan or nutritional yeast. Mix well.
- Heat a cast iron pan or heavy skillet on medium-high. Add the coconut oil or ghee.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop out the spinach/egg mixture about 3/4 full (3 Tablespoons) and place into the hot pan.
- Using a spatula press down to flatten it out evenly.
- Repeat until your pan is full. Don’t overcrowd.
- Turn down to medium low, cook 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy and brown. Place on a plate, cover with foil to keep warm while finishing up the rest of the mix.
- Makes 7-8 fritters.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a large salad or as a side dish with fish or chicken.
If your fritters are sticking to the pan, make sure the pan is hot enough (medium high) when you add the spinach/egg mixture to the pan, then turn it down.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Brunch, Breakfast
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Paleo, Keto, Vegetarian Option
Keywords: spinach fritters, fritters, easy recipe