A delicious stir fry of gluten free soba noodles with vegetables and a light, tasty sesame sauce.
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 pound thin asparagus
- 2 cups julienned carrots (using a julienne peeler)
- 1 cup frozen peas, rinsed in hot water
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 scallions green and white part separated
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1–2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Soba Noodle Sauce
Prepare the sauce:
- Place miso into a small bowl. Add tamari and mix until you get a smooth paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Set aside.
Prepare the vegetables while heating a large pot of water to boil: (4-6 quarts)
- Cut asparagus into 2 ½” pieces.
- Julienne the carrots with a julienne peeler, or slice them into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Rinse the peas in hot water and drain (tap water is fine).
- Mince the garlic, grate the ginger.
- Slice the scallions and chop the cilantro.
Cook the Noodles
- Once your water is boiling rapidly, add soba and use tongs to spread out. Cook for 3 ½ minutes. Keep stirring with the tongs.
- Immediately drain soba and transfer to a bowl with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Drain again and put in bowl of fresh cold water while cooking the vegetables.
Stir fry the Vegetables.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large saute pan. Once the oil is very hot, almost smoking, add the asparagus and a sprinkle of salt and stir fry 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add garlic, ginger and white parts of the scallions. Stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add carrot and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until vegetables are just tender but still crisp.
- Drain the noodles. Add the sauce and noodles to the vegetables. Toss together 1-2 minutes letting it thoroughly heat through.
- Sprinkle with sliced green scallions and cilantro.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and toasted sesame seed (optional).
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Vegetable, Main Dish, Noodles
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free
Keywords: stir fried soba noodles, soba noodle recipe, stir fried soba noodles with vegetables, Japanese soba noodles