A quick, easy and healthy recipe made with garden fresh tomatoes blended into a tasty, raw tomato sauce and served with spiralized zucchini “noodles.”
- 8 sun dried tomatoes, soaked
- 6–8 small zucchinis
- 3 cups fresh plum or Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil plus 1 tablespoon for sautéing
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or 1 date
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, or parsley chopped
- Boil water in a small pot. Turn off the heat and add the sundried tomatoes. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Create the zucchini noodles with a spirilizer or julienne tool, and place in a large serving bowl.*
- Drain and dry the sundried tomatoes.
- For the sauce, place tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, ½ cup olive oil, garlic, coconut sugar, salt, cayenne in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add zucchini “noodles”.
- Sauté 2-3 minutes until zucchini has lost its rawness. Alternately leave the zucchini raw.
- To serve, place the sauce over the zucchini “noodles”.
- Top with fresh basil.
If your zucchinis are large they will release quite a bit of water when sautéed. To get rid of the excess water: Layer the zucchini into a mixing bowl, salting each layer lightly. Let stand for 20 minutes. Drain the zucchini in a colander, squeezing tightly to remove as much liquid as possible. Proceed to sauté them.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 3
- Category: Paleo, Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Seasonal
- Cuisine: Healthy Mediterranean