This pesto is dairy free and so good. Nutritional yeast adds the cheesy flavor and lots of B vitamins.
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (to taste)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Place the basil, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the S blade.
- Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- Turn the motor on and pour the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast. Pulse a few more times to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass jar. It will keep about 4 days.
You can make this vegan pesto with walnuts instead of pine nuts if you prefer. It isn’t as creamy but still delicious.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Mediterranean