This is a creative, grain-free spin on traditional porridge that’s full of vegetables, fruit, protein, fiber and healthy fat.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cups apple, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces, (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (leave out for AIP)
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp milk, almond milk, cashew milk or drinkable coconut milk (plus more for serving). See notes above for links to different brands and homemade recipes.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped medjool dates or raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cacao nibs
- Strawberries or blueberries
- Additional diary free milk
- Paleo/vegan friendly yogurt, like coconut or almond.
- Chopped nuts
- Coconut butter or unsweetened almond butter
- Heat a medium sauté pan over med-low heat and add the oil.
- Add apples and cauliflower, sprinkle with salt, stir, and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples and cauliflower begin to soften.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Add the diary free milk, shredded coconut, dates and cinnamon, stir.
- Raise the heat and bring to a simmer, while stirring. Cover and cook another 3-4 minutes until the apples and cauliflower are soft and the liquid has thickened. Add more milk if it starts to get too thick.
- Serve hot with optional toppings.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, heat prior to serving and then add toppings. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30, AIP, Nut-Free
Keywords: paleo breakfast, grain free porridge, grain free breakfast porridge