A simple mixed berry crisp that’s vegan, paleo and gluten-free!
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (75 grams)
- 1 cup almond flour (112 grams)
- 5 tablespoons shredded coconut (25 grams)
- 1 ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts (125 grams)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, (48 grams)
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently melt coconut oil in a small pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, coconut, walnuts, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil and mix until it’s evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Put berries into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with arrowroot.
- Pour maple syrup (or other sweetener) over berries and gently mix to combine.
- Transfer berries to an 8 x 8, two quart baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Immediately top with crust. Don’t let it sit, it will start to get soft.
- Bake for 45 minutes until filling is bubbling and top is nicely brown.
- Serve alone or with coconut whipped cream.
Nutrition information is for 1 serving without any coconut whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Seasonal
Keywords: cobbler, crisp, fruit dessert, berry cobbler, berry crisp