Simple, vegan and gluten-free, grain free black bean burgers with zucchini. Tender hearty and flavorful.
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans (1½ cups), rinsed and drained, (Eden is organic and BPA free)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 8 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for sautéing
- Pulse the black beans with the spices until it is chopped up but not mushy. If you don’t have a food processor mash them with a potato masher or fork. The food processor makes it easier.
- Put the bean mixture into a bowl with the zucchini, ground flax seed and olive oil.
- Mix together with a fork until evenly distributed.
- Let it sit to let the flax gel everything together, about 15 minutes
- Form into 8 burgers and set aside on a plate.
- Heat a large heavy sauté pan on medium. Add the coconut oil. Cook burgers until golden on each side. If necessary cook in 2 batches.
These will keep, cooked or uncooked for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze leftover patties after they have been cooked.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free