A fresh, saucy, sweet dessert made with only 2 ingredients.
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries and maple syrup.
- Cover and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Uncover, continue simmering, stirring often, until there is plenty of sauce and the blueberries are slightly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and taste for sweetness. I find it to be deliciously sweet just as it is but you can add more sweetener if you want.
- Let the compote cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate compote for up to 10 days.
Nutrition information is with coconut yogurt.
Keywords: blueberry, compote, fruit, dessert, easy recipe