These cookies are chock full of chocolate chips interspersed with a little tartness from the dried cherries. They are soft and chewy like “oatmeal” cookies but without any grains. Amazing!
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour (125 grams)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (30 grams)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil at room temperature, solid but soft (56 grams)
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter (60 grams)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (24 grams)
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg = 1 tablespoon (6 grams) ground flaxseed mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water allowed to sit 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- If you’re using the flax egg, prepare as described above and set aside.
- Sift together the almond and tapioca flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, beat until very smooth.
- Add egg or flax egg and beat on low until fully combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture, with a rubber spatula, or spoon until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 30 grams balls of the dough using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart to give them room to spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges. They will be soft but don’t over-bake to maintain a chewy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
NOTE: To make vegan chocolate cup cookies, leave out the dried cherries and add in 1/4-1/2 cup more chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: desserts, cookies
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free
Keywords: paleo chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies