This is one of the creamiest, smoothest, richest, chocolate mousse cakes you’ll ever eat. It will make you happy since it’s made with healthy ingredients.
Chocolate Brownie Crust
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter 128 grams
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil, refined, (28 grams) melted and cooled to almost room temp
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour 24 grams
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder 48 grams
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, (56 grams)
- 3 -5.4oz cans coconut cream, 2 cups
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder, (72 grams)
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe avocado, (1 large avocados)
- dash sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Brownie Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil the sides and bottom of a 7” springform pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Spread into bottom of the springform pan. Bake 10 minutes until just set, don’t let it overcook or it will get dry and crumbly.
- Remove and cool while you prepare the chocolate mousse.
- Melt coconut oil and let cool to almost room temperature.
- Put coconut oil, coconut cream, maple syrup, cacao, avocado, salt, and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Make sure that the crust has cooled after baking, then pour the chocolate mousse filling into the pan. Spread the filling evenly and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight to allow it to set and harden.
- Top with shaved dark chocolate.
4 hours chill time
The Chocolate Brownie Crust is incredible, but if you want an easier no bake crust use the Chocolate Crust from the Paleo Red Velvet Cheesecake .
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free
Keywords: paleo vegan chocolate mousse cake