An easy vegetable and chicken saute with lots of vegetables to nourish your body, mind and spirit.
- 12 oz organic boneless skinless chicken breast
- Celtic sea salt and fresh pepper
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tb curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 ¼ tsp cumin.
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 ½ cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 3 ½ cups savoy cabbage, thinly slice
- 1 can 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk (Natural Value or Native Forest)
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. Then cut into 1” strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet on medium. Add coconut oil, when it’s hot, add the chicken. Sauté for 2 minutes on each side until almost cooked. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add onions. Sauté on medium for about 3 minutes or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low, add curry powder, turmeric and cumin. Mix and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, stir to mix with spices.
- Add cabbage, bok choy and ½ tsp salt. Stir to coat the vegetables with the coconut milk and spices.
- Simmer on medium low for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and cook until kale wilts and vegetables are tender 2-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Simmer 2-3 minutes more until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste for salt, you may need to add another ½ tsp depending on your curry powder.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian, Paleo, Dairy Free