We are faced with “what to make for dinner” almost every night. While I occasionally eat dinner out at a restaurant, I prefer to eat at home. The food we cook for ourselves is healthier. We choose our own high quality ingredients and prepare them with love. While I generally love being in the kitchen and cooking dinner (it’s a relaxing time to spend with my partner) one thing I don’t love is cooking anything that takes a long time. That’s why I make dishes that can be made in 30 minutes or less and share them with you.
My goal with each meal is to eat 70% vegetables the rest protein, fats and carbs. This easy chicken dish is full of vegetables. I like it because it is all in one pot. You can serve it with rice or Cauliflower Rice. It is also good with a little coconut yogurt. But I ate it by itself and felt satisfied.
The coconut milk and spices create a rich flavorful sauce. It is made with the healing spices curry, turmeric and cumin. The turmeric reduces inflammation and has been shown to balance blood sugar. Cumin is perhaps the most powerful digestive herb. It boosts digestion and reduces gas and bloating. Cabbage is one of my top 5 beauty enhancing foods.
The best way to make this dish is prepare all the ingredients first, starting with the vegetables. Once the vegetables are chopped, cut up your chicken. This way you don’t have to wash the board or knife until the end. Once the chicken is cup up put your cutting board into the dishwasher and wash your knife.
Now that everything is prepped you are ready to cook. My tip for dinner tonight is do a little bit of chopping and enjoy this delicious curry. It is a big portion, the leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Enjoy the recipe and please leave a comment below to let me know how you like it or give it a rating.Print
An easy vegetable and chicken saute with lots of vegetables to nourish your body, mind and spirit.
- 12 oz organic boneless skinless chicken breast
- Celtic sea salt and fresh pepper
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tb curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 ¼ tsp cumin.
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 ½ cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 3 ½ cups savoy cabbage, thinly slice
- 1 can 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk (Natural Value or Native Forest)
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. Then cut into 1” strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet on medium. Add coconut oil, when it’s hot, add the chicken. Sauté for 2 minutes on each side until almost cooked. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add onions. Sauté on medium for about 3 minutes or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low, add curry powder, turmeric and cumin. Mix and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, stir to mix with spices.
- Add cabbage, bok choy and ½ tsp salt. Stir to coat the vegetables with the coconut milk and spices.
- Simmer on medium low for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale and cook until kale wilts and vegetables are tender 2-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Simmer 2-3 minutes more until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste for salt, you may need to add another ½ tsp depending on your curry powder.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian, Paleo, Dairy Free