Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Eat Well Enjoy Life may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12/01/17. It has been updated 5/23/18
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
First, what is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that I/we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. You can find more information about web cookies here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for you to use the features available on this website. They include, for example, the ability to login and post a comment.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize, track, and count the number of visitors who come to this website. They also allow us to track broken pages on the website and to count what visitors do when they click through the website.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to track and remember your preferences for our website. For example, we can personalized content for you, greet you by name and/or remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies. These cookies allow us to deliver advertisements that match your interest level and browsing history. They also allow us to limit the number of times you see a particular ad.
We use two different kinds of cookies on this website: First party and third party cookies (both defined in detail on the wikipedia link above).
These cookies are specifically about Eat Well Enjoy Life and track your usage of this website. These cookies are considered essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, include:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit- it is anonymous and contains no personally identifying information;
- Page number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
This website sets different types of third-party cookies to track usage, social sharing and more. These cookies are not under my/our control, and serve to help us understand the visitors who come to the website, as well as support our connection to other third party sites. (Again, see the wikipedia page above for detailed explanations of third party services/cookies).
Included in our list of third-party cookies are the following services:
- Social sharing plugin– a cookie is used when you use the social sharing service on our website to share a link with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Your rights with cookies:
Cookies are set by many entities and may include the website’s owners/developers/managers, plugins, third-party providers, advertisers and anyone else who collects or uses the website’s data.
As a user of this (or any) website, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some, or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
To learn how to block cookies, simply go to Google and type in “how do I block cookies” on whatever browser you use (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and you will find the details needed to block some or all cookies on your browser.
In addition to the non-personally identifiable data collected by cookies, this website also offers the ability to contact with us via contact forms, newsletter registration forms, downloadable ebooks, free downloadable gifts, webinars and other similar files.
To receive free gifts from this website, we require that you share your personal information consisting of your first and last name and your email address. In most cases, information is gathered and stored in the website database or via a third-party service: 1 Shopping Cart and Constant Contact. All information gathered via any form on this website can be deleted upon request.
Information and informational items are provided in exchange for adding your email address and possibly your name, business and or website information to one of our mailing lists. All mailing lists are stored and executed via 1 Shopping Cart or Constant Contact for the sole purpose of communicating information, as well as occasional marketing of services and products. Each mailing list will specifically detail what type of emails you may receive and possibly the frequency. You may unsubscribe from said email list(s) at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
If you wish to contact us, the best way is as follows:
Address: 104 Point Road, Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
Last update: May 23, 2018
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.