This is a delicious soup that’s nourishing, immune boosting, comforting and easy to make. It will help you feel calm and satisfied.
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours or overnight
- 1 large bunch dandelion, chopped, stems and leaves separate (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut off the bottom part of the dandelion with most of the stems, chop and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the greens and set aside separate from the stems.
- Heat a soup pot and add ghee or olive oil. Add onion and celery, sauté on medium low for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, dandelion stems, broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn down, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add dandelion leaves and simmer 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the cashews. Add to a blender.
- Scoop out 1 cup of soup liquid and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the soup and blend or pulse until you get your desired consistency. I like it when you see little bits of the dandelion or you can blend until it’s totally smooth.
- Add pepper, taste to adjust salt.
- Serve warm. Store the remainder in the refrigerator for 3 days.
If you can’t find dandelion substitute kale.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup, Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Whole30
Keywords: creamy dandelion soup