Creamy Dandelion Soup is a delicious dairy-free, paleo, gluten free, vegan soup recipe that’s perfect for spring. It’s an immunity boosting soup that you will love!
Living in isolation is frustrating. It’s not how many of us are wired.
You’re probably cooking all the time. Don’t stop! Cooking makes life a little bit better for yourself and for those who are stuck at home with you. It’s a gift that makes it possible to feel more normal.
This Creamy Dandelion Soup will make you feel SOOO good because it’s full of nourishment.
Dandelion is a really amazing food. It’s super high in nutrients, boosts immunity, supports your liver, digestive system and is good for detoxification. Read more about the health benefits of dandelion here.
Do you know you can grown these delicious green in your garden? It’s really easy. Click here to find out how to successfully grow dandelion greens.
On my weekly trip out to buy groceries I found dandelion greens in the supermarket and health food store. You may even have some growing in your backyard.
Dandelion is a bitter green. This is a good thing. Bitter taste improves digestion, curbs hunger and cravings, and promotes healthy blood sugar.
Cauliflower is added to balance out the bitterness of the dandelion greens. Since cauliflower is one of those vegetables that will stay in your refrigerator for 2-3 weeks, you can keep plenty on hand.
The other ingredients in this soup are staples; onions, garlic and celery.
The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which contain mood-stabilizing vitamins: B6, magnesium, niacin, and even tryptophan. How great is that, just what we need right now!
I use ghee to support digestion but olive oil works just fine.
Since you’re home a lot, why not turn the bones left over from that roasted chicken you made last night into broth. Just put it in a pot, cover with water and simmer on low for 4-6 hours. Click here if you want an exact recipe.
Once you cook the soup, blend it to get your desired consistency. I like to pulse it so you see little bits of the dandelion. If you prefer, you can blend until it’s totally smooth. Both ways are good.
You’ll feel calm and satisfied when you’ve made and consumed this Creamy Dandelion soup as you stroll over to the couch to watch your favorite show on Hulu or Netflix. That’s my plan for today.
I’m going watching the comedy Where’d You Go, Bernadette about an agoraphobic architect and mother named Bernadette Fox, who goes missing prior to a family trip to Antarctica, starring Cate Blanchett.
I hope you LOVE this soup! It’s delicious, nourishing, immune boosting, comforting, quick and easy to make.
“Dandelions, like all things in nature are beautiful when you take the time to pay attention to them.” ~Print
This is a delicious soup that’s nourishing, immune boosting, comforting and easy to make. It will help you feel calm and satisfied.
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours or overnight
- 1 large bunch dandelion, chopped, stems and leaves separate (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut off the bottom part of the dandelion with most of the stems, chop and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the greens and set aside separate from the stems.
- Heat a soup pot and add ghee or olive oil. Add onion and celery, sauté on medium low for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, dandelion stems, broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn down, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add dandelion leaves and simmer 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the cashews. Add to a blender.
- Scoop out 1 cup of soup liquid and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the soup and blend or pulse until you get your desired consistency. I like it when you see little bits of the dandelion or you can blend until it’s totally smooth.
- Add pepper, taste to adjust salt.
- Serve warm. Store the remainder in the refrigerator for 3 days.
If you can’t find dandelion substitute kale.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup, Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Cuisine: Paleo, Vegan, Whole30
Keywords: creamy dandelion soup
If you give this recipe a try, please let us know what you think! Give it some stars or leave a comment.
Also please take a picture and tag it #eat_well_enjoy_life on instagram so we can see! We love seeing your photos.
Would you like to have more of these delicious healthy recipes sent to you each week? CLICK TO SIGN UP for my weekly email newsletter of recipes and tips for you to eat well and enjoy your wonderful life.
If you like this recipe you may also like these other delicious Spring recipes:
- Spring Broccoli Sweet Pea Soup
- Poached Eggs with Dandelion Greens in Broth
- Easy Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting Eat Well Enjoy Life.